No one is happy and expects a disaster to come but humans are never able to prevent it. Even, it comes suddenly and does not care whether they are ready to face it. The effect of the disaster not only hot the human but also the business. Besides that, the effect it is traumatic which need recovery soon. Certainly, it is similar to the organization that gets the big loss but they must revive again. Nowadays, there is an information technology disaster recovery planning (IT DRP) which is ready to build or keep your business again.
What is Information technology Disaster Recovery Planning (IT DRP)?
Information technology disaster recovery planning is the system which will save your business. This system gives security when the disaster coming. Definitely, you should own this system before it happens. Besides that, the goal of the IT DRP are:
- Minimize business operations disorder
- Minimize the delays risk
- Ensure the security level
- Ensure reliable backup systems
- Help the restoration of operations with speed
The system gets the resources from:
- Computer Security Resource Center: National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Computer Security Division Special Publications.
- Guide Contingency Planning for Federal Information Systems: NIST Special Publication 800-34 Rev. 1
- Guide to Exercise Programs, Training, and Test, for IT Capabilities and Plans: NIST Special Publication 800-84
- Building a Training and Security Awareness Program for information technology: NIST Special Publication 800-50
The recovery strategy of an information system is to keep all component such as software, hardware, connectivity, and data. The disaster also means that you lost one of them and the recovery should grow to anticipate it with below:
- Computer room environment: The room secures with climate, condition, and backup power supply control.
- Hardware: servers, networks, desktop, wireless devices, laptop computers, and peripherals
- Connectivity: It needs wireless, fiber, cable, or the others to a service provider
- Software applications: It includes data interchange, electronic, electronic mail, office productivity, enterprise resource management etc.
- Data and restoration
Well, below are the information technology disaster recovery planning or steps:
- Create a Disaster Recovery Team
- Perform Risk Assessment
- Prioritize Operations and Processes
- Data Collection
- Reacting the Disaster Recovery Planning
- Testing the Plan
In fact, not all companies are able to buy this system because it needs the big budget. Even though, there are still other plans for this case with:
- Internal recovery strategy: make backup data.
- Supporting recovery strategy vendor: use vendor which providing “hot site” to disaster recovery.
- Improve the IT disaster recovery planning: Improve with compiling the hardware inventory.
- Data backup: Data backup and recovery should exist because data can be lost.
- Data backup development: Backing Up your identify data with the other information and hard copy records
Data backup option: Large capacity USB, tapes, and cartridges can be the choice of data backup. It must be storage such as the original data. In fact, providing information technology disaster recovery planning is a must.
This system really protects your business from